Header Ads

test

What if foreign govts give dirt on 2020 rivals? 'I'd take it,' says Trump

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that he would be willing to accept information from a foreign country on his opponent in the 2020 election race, after years of denying Moscow helped him win office.
Trump team contacts with Russians during the 2016 presidential race led to special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into possible collusion and obstruction of justice.
Trump's remarks suggested he still sees nothing wrong with a US political candidate accepting help from a foreign power. "I think you might want to listen... there's nothing wrong with listening," Trump said when asked by ABC News what he would do if a country such as Russia or China offered him information. He denied the suggestion that that would amount to foreign meddling in US polls. "It's not an interference, they have information - I think I'd take it," Trump said. " If I thought there was something wrong, I'd go maybe to the FBI."
[1]

References

  1. ^ Donald Trump (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)


from US News Headlines, Latest USA News, America Breaking News - Times of India http://bit.ly/2F8jkGO

No comments